What are Group 1 Jobs ?
Group 1 Jobs are one of the most prestigious jobs in India . The candidates recruited for these jobs are generally civil servants in the state administration or central administration .Generally Group 1 Jobs Candidates are recruited by Civil Service Exams which are conducted by UPSC or SPSC i.e Union Public Service Commission or State Public Service Commission .
The Group 1 posts are the jobs which provide a lot of opportunities to the candidates to serve the huge part of a society . The central motto of these civil servants is to work for the welfare of the people . It is the reason for some aspirates that they are so much motivated for these examinations.
Upcoming Group 1 Jobs Notifications
Here is a list of Upcoming Notification for all the group jobs with their date .
Group 1 Jobs List
The group jobs include a lot of post in various department of central government or state government .
The Group 1 job list is given below :
|Sr.No||Department||Post Name||Other Relevant Information|
|1||Civil Services, Executive Branch||Deputy Collector|
|2||Police Service||Deputy Superintendent of Police||Category I , II , III|
|3||Income Tax Department||Commercial Tax Officer|
|4||Panchayat Services||District Panchayat Officer|
- District Backward Classes Welfare Officer
- Assistant Commissioner of Labor
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Services
- Lay Secretary/Administrative Officer in Director of Public Health and Family Welfare HOD
- Regional Transport Officer
- District Employment Officer in TS Employment and Training Service
- Administrative Officer in Director of Public Health and Family Welfare
Group 1 Jobs Selection Process
The Selection of Group 1 Jobs is the is a very long process . It generally takes about 5-6 months for the Selection of Candidates for Group 1 Jobs . It starts from a preliminary exam till an interview.
The various steps that are involved in the selection process of any group 1 jobs are listed below :-
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Examination
- Document Verification and Validation
Now Understanding each part very deply.
Generally Preliminary Examination is an easy examination. It Does not Contain any subject dep knowledge questions. Rather preliminary examination is an examination of subject including General Studies and mental Awareness .
Generally Preliminary Examination is 3hrs duration exam consisting of 150 marks .
Now coming to the mains examination ; The mains examination is quite difficult and a little bit challenging . Generally a Mains Examination have Six Papers. The candidate are required to clear all the six examinations.
The Mains Examination include various subjects like :
- Indian Society
- Science and Technology
- Interpretation of Data
- Indian Constitution
- General Studies
- Various others as per requirement of different state and the post in group 1 for which the exam is going to be held.
Group 1 Jobs Exams Syllabus
The syllabus of Prelims and Mains Exam for any group 1 jobs is provide below :-
Preliminary Examination :
The Syllabus of Preliminary Examination is :
- General Studies
- Mental Awareness
General Studies include the knowledge of the following concepts : –
- All the important national and international events and relations
- Current Affairs : Current affairs generally last 6 – months are very important.
- Environmental issues : All the concepts related to environmental issues.
- Disaster management- Disaster Management Strategies which are related to
- General science : General Science includes the science subjects up to 10-12 NCERT syllabus with our country’s achievement in science and technology.
- Indian History and cultural heritage : This part is related to historical events and cultural events
- Economic and social development of India :
- Governance and Public policies in India
- Indian polity and Constitution
- Culture, society, Arts, language, and heritage of Telangana
- Social exclusion: Rights issues associated with tribe, cast, gender disability and many more along with inclusive policies
- Telangana State policies