Kalia Yojana is government scheme that has been launched for the farmers of Odisha with an aim to accelerate the trend of agricultural based prosperity.
KALIA stands for ” Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation”.
This scheme has been launched by the state government of Odisha for the welfare of their farmers.
Under the KALIA Yojana, the benefits to farmers are categorised in three provisions and the provisions of this scheme are for cultivators, for elderly farmers, for landless agricultural households.
This scheme also provide insurance scheme to cultivators and landless agriculture households.
Short Details About KALIA Scheme
|Name of Scheme||KALIAA Scheme|
|Launched By||Odisha State Government|
|Beneficiary||Farmers of Odisha|
Benefits of Kalia Scheme
Kalia Scheme is for the welfare of the Farmers of Odisha. This scheme has various benefits .
Some of the benefits of the Kalia Scheme are provided below :
- KALIA is the best alternative farm loan waivers
- This scheme helps farmers and supports them on small scale works like fishing, sharecropping.
- KALIA Scheme targets a whole bunch of rural activities.
Documents required for applying KALIA Scheme
While applying for the KALAI Scheme, the applicant must have the following documents with them :
- Identification Proof like Aadhar Id, Voter Id, Driving Licence, etc
- Proof of Address
- Agricultural Land Papers
- Income Certificate
- Odisha Domicile Certificate [ issued by Odisha State Government ]
- Bank account Details.
Ineligible Persons to the Kalia Yojana
Those applicants who are fulfill the following conditions are ineligible for the Kalia Scheme.
- Middle or Large Scale Farmers can’t apply for Kalia Yojana
- Any applicant who does not have valid residential certificate of Odisha are not eligible for Kalia Yojana. That is, this government scheme is only for the people of Odisha. Any other state farmer/applicant is ineligible for the Kalia Yojana.
- If spouse of beneficiary or the beneficiary itself is a government employee, then he/she is not eligible for the Kalia Yojana.
- The income tax payers are also not eligible for the Kalia Yojana.
Provisions for Kalia Scheme
There are various provisions in Kalia Scheme for different categories of people like for cultivators , for landless agricultural households and for elderly .
All farmers will be provided Rs 10,000 per family as assistance for cultivation.
Each family will get Rs 5,000 separately in the Kharif and Rabi, seasons, for five cropping seasons between 2018-19 and 2021-22.
Crop loans up to Rs 50,000 are interest-free.
For Landless Agricultural Households
Financial Assistance of Rs.12500 will be provided to each landless Agricultural Household for Agricultural allied activities like or small goat rearing unit, mini-layer unit, duckery units, fishery kits for fisherman, mushroom cultivation and bee-keeping, etc.
The elderly, sick and differently-abled population who are unable to take up cultivation, will be provided Rs 10,000 per household per year.
Insurance for cultivators and landless agricultural household
The KALIA scheme also includes a life insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh and additional personal accident coverage of the same amount for 57 lakh households .
How to Check Kalia Yojana List ?
To check the Kalia Yojana List ,the applicant must follow the following steps.
- Step 1 : Visit the official web platform of the KALIA Scheme. CLICK HERE to visit the official website of the KALIA Scheme.
- Step 2 : In the Primary Menu , you will find an option Beneficiary List. Click on it.
- Step 3 : In the respective page opened, enter the details like District , Block and G.P.
- Step 4 : Click on View button. You will get the Kalia Yojana List 2021.
KALIA Yojana FAQ
Q. What is the full form of KALIA in Kalia Yojana?
Ans. The Full form of KALIA is : ” Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation”.