A tropical cyclone , Typhoon Rai has hit the south eastern part of Philippines making severe damage in the area. The heavy rain and floods had major impact over the large area.
- Typhoon Rai has hit the southern eastern part of Philippines on 16 December 2021.
- Typhoon Rai is considered as the 15th major weather concern that has hit the Philippines in the year 2021.
- The typhoon has caused at least ₱25 billion ($501 million) across the Philippines
The Original name of Typhoon Rai is Typhoon Odette in the Philippines.
It is the first category 5 Super typhoon in the month of December .
It is now the most powerful tropical cyclone, which impacted the Philippines after passing near the island of Palau
The typhoon has caused at least ₱25 billion ($501 million) across the Philippines
This Typhoon then traversed Visayas and exited into the Sulu Sea.
Categories of Tropical Cyclone
|Sr. No||Category||Wind Speed|
|1||Super Typhoon||>220 km/h|
|3||Severe Tropical Storm||89–117 km/h|
|4||Tropical Storm||62–88 km/h|
|5||Tropical Depression||≤61 km/h|
- Safran & HAL signed agreement to build Helicopter Engines
- NTPC’s Floating Solar Project of 100 MW in Telangana
- Virat Swaroop – CM Khattar unveil 40ft Lord Krishna Statue
- MoU on Space Cooperation signed by India & Mexico during FOC
- Posidonia Australis – Biggest Plant in World | Length 180 km
- Current Affairs Today : Current Affairs and Gk 2022
The Philippines, is a country in Southeast Asia.
It is situated in the western Pacific Ocean, and
The Philippines consists of about 7,640 islands,
These islands are broadly categorized under three main geographical divisions from north to south.
These divisions are : Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Typhoon ?
The term typhoon is the regional name in the northwest Pacific for a severe (or mature) tropical cyclone which has wind speed in the range of 118 – 220 km/h.