Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar along with RSS ( Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh ) Chief Mohan Bhagat have unveiled a Lord Krishna Statue at Jyotisar Village in Kurukshetra, Haryana on 30 June 2022.
On 30th June 2022, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has unveiled a lord Krishna Statue at Jyotisar Village in Kurukshetra district of Haryana on 30 June 2022.
He was also accompanied by RSS ( Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh ) Chief Mohan Bhagat, KDB CEO Chanderkant Kataria, and KDB members and other officials.
This statue mark the beginning of Gupt-Navaratri. This statue is 40ft high depicting the virat Swaroop of Lord Krishna.
- This statue of Lord Krishna is 44 ft tall.
- It has been developed by Kurukshetra Development Board and Haryana Tourism Department.
- The government had assigned sculptor Ram Vanji Sutar for this project. Ram Vanji Sutar has also designed statue of Unity in Gujarat.
- The weight of the Lord Krishna statue is 35 tonnes.
- The project “Virat Swaroop” has costed Rs 10 crore.
- The statue has been unveiled with a light and sound show.
About Jyotisar Village
Jyotisar is a Village in Thanesar Tehsil in Kurukshetra District of Haryana State, India. It belongs to Ambala Division. Pin Code of Jyotisar village is 136119
Jyotisar Village is located on the Kurukshetra- Pehowa Road , around 12 km away from Kurukshetra. This village is the birth place of the holy book “Bhagavad Gita”.
It is the place where Lord Krishna delivered the sermon of Bhagavad Gita to Arjuna .The Battle of Mahabharata was started at this place.
Important Takeaway for Examinations
- Kurukshetra is a district in Haryana
- Haryana Chief Minister is Manohar Lal Khattar .
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs)
Q. The statue of Lord Krishna under “Virat Swaroop” project have costed how much money ?
Ans. It has costed Rs 10 crore.
Q. What is the height of the statue of lord Krishna unveiled at Kurukshetra, recently ?
Ans. It is 44 ft high ( 13.4 meters) .
Q. Where is Jyotisar Village located ?
Ans. Jyotisar village is located on the Kurukshetra- Pehowa Road , around 12 km away from Kurukshetra