An Intelligent Transport System has launched by Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport and highways, at Dasna Ghaziabad. Here are the latest information about intelligent transport system.
- This transport system can detect any accident and receive alerts to make ensure that an ambulance reaches that spot as early s possible.
- According to Nitin Gadkari, intelligent transport system is a revolutionary art to prevent accident and minimize traffic problems on Highways
- It is the first intelligent transport system in India and is built on six-lane Eastern Peripheral Expressway at Dasna, Ghaziabad.
- On this Highway a total of 150 cameras will installed to monitor the accident and the commuter driving recklessly
What is an Intelligent Transport System ?
An intelligent transportation system is an advanced application which provide innovative services relating to different modes of transport and traffic management . This system enable users to be better informed and make safer, more coordinated, and ‘smarter’ use of transport networks.
In other words, Intelligent Transport System or simply ITS is a system that uses the data processing and communication technologies for providing services (like accident alert, accident monitoring , traffic management, etc ) to drivers on road.
Benefits of Traffic Management System
Advantages of Traffic Management system are as follow:
- Speed alerts
- Accident Alerts
- Ambulance to the place where accident has happened .
- Traffic management
- Electronic fare payment like Toll on Road.
- Speed monitoring of Vehicles.
- Reduces the impact of transport system on environment.
- This system helps to reduce the number of stops and delays on Highways .
Technologies used in Intelligent Transport System
Intelligent Transport system uses the following important technologies for traffic management services.
- Data acquisition – Use of Cameras
- Data Processing – a computer system to analyse Realtime data.
- Data Communication – provide information to relevant receivers like drivers , police, ambulance, fire fighters, etc
About HIGHWAY Project on Meerut and Muzaffarnagar
It is project of 240 km long Highway in Meerut and Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh. This project is will cost about Rs 9119 crore approximately . According to Nitin Gadkari (Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways ) , this project will help the farmers to take their cultivated crops to the nearest market in less time .
About Uttar Pradesh
Here are some useful information about Uttar Pradesh that are useful in competitive exams.
- Capital : Lucknow
- Chief Minister (as on 26 / 12 / 2021) : Yogi Aditya Nath
- Governor (as on 26 / 12 / 2021) : Anandiben Patel