On 18 December 2021, DRDO has successfully tested the new generation nuclear capable strategic missile : Agni Prime – Agni P . The Agni Prime Missile has been successfully tested off the coast of Odisha
- DRDO has successfully tested the new generation nuclear capable ballistic missile – Agni-Prime or Agni-P
- It was tested from the coast of Odisha , Balasore.
- This was the second test of the Agni-Prime Missile.
- The first test was in the month of June this year.
- Safran & HAL signed agreement to build Helicopter Engines
- NTPC’s Floating Solar Project of 100 MW in Telangana
- Virat Swaroop – CM Khattar unveil 40ft Lord Krishna Statue
- MoU on Space Cooperation signed by India & Mexico during FOC
- Posidonia Australis – Biggest Plant in World | Length 180 km
- Current Affairs Today : Current Affairs and Gk 2022
About Agni-P Missile
- Agni Prime is also know as Agni-P.
- Agni-P is new generation advanced variant of the Agni Class of Missiles
- It is a two stage canisterised missile
- It’s range capability is between 1000 and 2000 km
- The weight of Agni P is 50% less than Agni 3
- Agni-Prime can be launched from rail and road and can be stored for a longer period.
- It can be transported all across the country as per operational requirements.
- It can be used to target enemy armades in the Indo- Pacific.
The First test took place on 28 June 2021 . It was successfully fired from Abdul Kalam Island.
The second test has been done 18 December 2021.It has been successfully fired from the coast of Odisha at Balasore.
- DRDO : Defence Research and Development Organisation
- Headquarters : DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
- Founded : 1958
- Chairman and Secretary (as on 19 December 2021 ): G Satheesh Reddy