Discover the transformative Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana 2023, providing comprehensive healthcare and insurance for economically vulnerable families. Learn about its benefits, eligibility, and application process in our in-depth guide.
In this article, we’ll delve deep into the Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana, exploring its objectives, benefits, features, eligibility criteria, and the application process.
In a world where healthcare is often a privilege, the Odisha Government is taking a bold step towards universal healthcare with the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana.
This ambitious scheme aims to provide healthcare facilities and medical coverage to those who need it the most, irrespective of their financial status.
Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana
For economically vulnerable families in Odisha, the Odisha Government has introduced the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana. Under this initiative, the government plans to offer health insurance coverage of up to Rs 5 lakh per family per annum, focusing on secondary and tertiary treatment.
This comprehensive insurance cover will extend to nearly 3.5 crore beneficiaries (70 lakh families) across the state.
One of the most remarkable aspects of this scheme is that it provides cashless treatment to anyone visiting a state government health institution, regardless of their income, residence, or status.
Moreover, women beneficiaries receive an additional health insurance cover of Rs 2,00,000.
Key Details of Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana
- Name of the Scheme: Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan
- Launched by: Government of Odisha
- Beneficiary: Citizens of Odisha
- Objective: To provide healthcare facilities and health insurance
- Official website: http://www.bsky.odisha.gov.in/
- Year: 2023
- Financial assistance: Rs 5 lakh per annum per family
- Launched on: 15th August 2018
BSKY Scheme 2023
The government’s commitment to improving healthcare is further exemplified by its intention to expand empanelled hospitals outside Odisha. To provide better healthcare facilities to citizens living in other states, the state government has enrolled approximately 200 private hospitals within Odisha and around 20 super-specialty hospitals outside the state.
Additionally, a third-party audit will be conducted to ensure the scheme’s proper implementation. To keep the cost of treatment in check, package rates have been rationalized, with approximately 4,036 packages being finalized under the Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana.
The primary objective of the Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana is to provide healthcare facilities to economically weaker sections of society. With health insurance coverage of up to Rs 5,00,000, this scheme aims to ensure that the citizens of Odisha receive timely medical treatment without worrying about the financial burden. The Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana guarantees cashless treatment for all eligible beneficiaries.
The Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana comprises two primary components:
- Free Health Care Services: Irrespective of income, status, or residence, this scheme offers free healthcare services at government health institutions, from sub-centre level to district headquarter hospital level.
- Health Insurance: For economically weaker section residents of the state, the government provides an annual health coverage of Rs 5 lakh. Women members of the family are entitled to an additional health coverage of Rs 2,00,000. These health insurance benefits extend to around 70 lakh economically vulnerable families.
Drop Back Assistance
Pregnant women and sick infants who visit public health facilities are given Rs 500 to cover transport expenses after delivery or treatment.
- Outpatient department: 135,795,815
- MRI service: 89,670
- CT scan: 65,597
- X-ray: 307,918
- Ultrasound: 62,784
- Dialysis service: 59,099
- Pathology service: 3,366,392
- Intensive care service: 24,753
- Chemotherapy service: 33,888
- Surgeries: 295,587
Facilities Provided Under BSKY Scheme
The Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana offers a wide range of healthcare facilities, including free health care in government health care institutions, free medicine, diagnostics, dialysis, cancer chemotherapy, OT, ICU, inpatient care, and health coverage of up to Rs 5 lakh per family (Rs 7 lakh for women members of the family).
Guidelines of Odisha BSKY
The scheme covers the treatment of pre-existing diseases, with no premium amount to be paid by beneficiaries. The Odisha Government bears the premium cost. Additionally, beneficiaries referred to hospitals outside the state receive Rs 2,000 in financial assistance for conveyance. This assistance is directly deposited into the beneficiary’s bank account. Notably, beneficiaries can avail of treatment up to Rs 3 lakh for diseases like cancer, heart ailments, and kidney diseases, compared to the previous limit of Rs 1 lakh. Patients from both APL and BPL categories can access free blood bank facilities.
The Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana is a beacon of hope for economically vulnerable families in the state. Here are some key benefits and features:
- Health insurance coverage of Rs 5 lakh per family per annum
- Coverage extends to secondary and tertiary treatment
- Cashless treatment for 3.5 crore beneficiaries
- Free healthcare services irrespective of income, status, or residence
- Additional Rs 2,00,000 cover for women beneficiaries
- Officially launched on 15th August 2018
- Access to cashless treatment in government and empanelled private hospitals
- Claim settlement process managed by insurance companies
- Expansion of empanelled hospitals beyond Odisha for improved healthcare
- Comprehensive package rates rationalized to meet current treatment costs
All beneficiaries are eligible for free healthcare services at government health care institutions, regardless of income, status, or residence. For health insurance cover of up to Rs 5 lakh per family and Rs 7 lakh for women members of the family, the following categories are eligible:
- Residents of Odisha
- Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana cardholders
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana cardholders
- BPL cardholders
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana cardholders
- Families with annual incomes below Rs 50,000 in rural areas and below Rs 60,000 in urban areas
To avail the benefits of the Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana, you may need the following documents:
- Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana card
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana card
- BPL card
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana card
- Income certificate
Application Procedure of Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana
To apply for the Odisha Biju
Swasthya Kalyan Yojana, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana: http://www.bsky.odisha.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, click on “Apply Online.”
- Fill in all the necessary details, including your name, address, phone number, and more.
- Upload the required documents.
- Review all details carefully and click “Submit.”
By following this straightforward procedure, you can apply online for the Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana and access the healthcare benefits it offers to the citizens of Odisha. With the implementation of this scheme, healthcare is no longer a privilege but a fundamental right for the people of Odisha.
This visionary initiative is bringing hope and healing to millions across the state, creating a healthier, happier future for all.